Easy Chanukah Party Black Magic Craft, Dec 04, 2012
Part of the fun of Chanukah is the anticipation, and aside from eating sufganiot for 2 weeks before, another great way to get your kids excited is through arts and crafts. My kids love these black magic kits they sell at the craft stores before Chanukah. They are no mess, instant, and the results are gorgeous. Plus they are perfect for young kids and since they are mess-free, they are also perfect for Chanukah parties.
Buy the better quality black magic kits and get started. You will need:
- A covered table
- Extra wooden sticks (like skewers), depending on how many come with the set
- Nothing else!! Just your creative self!
I think this idea is perfect for a party because it's no mess and everyone enjoys. As you see from the picture above, people of all ages can enjoy this craft.
If you don't bring them to a party, try doing this craft the week before and decorate your walls and windows with these classic Chanukah shapes.
Some more ideas for designs:
- Classic Chanukah phrases such as "Hanerot hallalu anu madlikim" or "Nes gadol haya po/sham"
- Make silly/interesting faces
- Jewish symbols like a Magen David
- Or different shapes- anything goes here!
- Rich and Thick Minestrone Soup
- Warm Food for the Cold Weather
- Crafting for Rain: Umbrellas and Snow Globes
- Crafting for Noach: A Roundup of Rainbows
- Jerusalem Events for Kids on Chol Hamoed Pesach (Passover) 2012
- Kid-Friendly Tiyul to Nachal Poleg
- 64 Ideas to Get Your Kids Active this Summer
- Celebrate Israel’s Dairies on Sukkot
- Kids Events For The Week of February 3rd - 9th
- Meal Planning 101