My Kids Loved the Hidden Waterfall!, Jul 30, 2012
Last Pesach our family did something we rarely do, we went on a hike! For those of you who know me, I mean our extended family here. It's not like we never to anything, we just don't usually venture knee deep into muddy water to get anywhere. Our hikes usually consist of getting out of the car and having a picnic.
But since we were staying in the Golan, right by the Kinneret, we decided to do a hike that a friend recommended, and to this day, there are no regrets. My four-year old talks about how she wants to go back all the time!
What you need to know before you go:
- Wear bathing suits/good sturdy water clothes
- Be prepared to walk 10 minutes to get to the waterfall in knee deep muddy water.
- Be prepared to go down a lot of stairs.
- (Then back up a lot of stairs)
- If you go on a holiday, there will be a lot of people there (of ALL stripes!)
- It's ALL worth it once you get to the waterfall...and the view is breathtaking!
Once we got through the opening you see in the picture above, you get to this gorgeous pool of clear water. The kids had a blast. It was the perfect amount of water for 4-5 year olds. Even the 2 year old loved it!
So in short, this is not a full day excursion, but it is a great little hike and a perfect activity for a couple hours.
In short, highly recommended!
Have you been to the hidden waterfall? What did you think?
Link to directions to the hidden waterfall here.
A nice article about the waterfall here.
Israel Kids is a Fun Family Guide to Local Events and Activities around Israel. Choose your city to get started and you will find our very own local activities on the right side. Israelkids.co.il
- Crafting for Rain: Umbrellas and Snow Globes
- Meal Planning 101
- Yom Ha’atzmaut - Independence Day 2012 Events
- Jerusalem Events for Kids on Chol Hamoed Pesach (Passover) 2012
- Sukkot Festivals in and around Jerusalem
- Crafting for Noach: A Roundup of Rainbows
- Warm Food for the Cold Weather
- Rich and Thick Minestrone Soup
- Celebrate Israel’s Dairies on Sukkot
- Family Nutrition and the Smoothie